White amorphous transparent substance, containing about 9% nitrogen, tasteless and odourless.
Used in food, medicine, agricultural seeds, daily chemical, industrial wastewater treatment and other industries. Chito-oligosaccharides can improve immunity, activate cells, prevent cancer, reduce blood lipids, blood pressure, anti-aging, regulate the body environment and other functions, which can be used in medicine, health care, food fields. In the field of environmental protection, chitosan can be used for sewage treatment, protein recovery, water purification and so on. In the field of functional materials, shell Chemicalbook can be used as membrane materials, carriers, absorbents, fibers, medical materials, etc. In textile field, chitosan can be used for fabric finishing, health underwear, paper making assistant and so on. Agricultural field can be used in feed addition, seed treatment, soil improvement, fruit preservation and so on. In the field of tobacco, chitosan is a good tobacco flake adhesive, and has the characteristics of improving taste, non-toxic combustion and no peculiar smell.
Add 20g chitin into 300mL 50% NaOH solution, completely soak, heat and hold at 95℃ for 1.5h, filter out the lye, wash with water to neutral, dry at low temperature to get a colorless transparent flake product 15.6g.
(1) Antibacterial agent
(2) Fruit and vegetable preservatives
(3) Additives for health-care food
(4) Clarifying agent for fruit juice
(1) In agriculture, chitosan is typically used as a natural seed treatment and plant growth enhancer, and as an ecologically friendly biopesticide substance that boosts the innate ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infections.
(2) As feed additives, can inhibit and kill the harmful bacterium, improve animals immunity.
(1) Chitosan has good adsorption characteristics of heavy metal ion, applied in treatment of organic wastewater, dye wastewater, water purification and textile industry.
(2) Chitosan can be also applied in paper-making industry, improving the dry and wet strength of paper and surface printability.
Carboxymethyl Chitosan is the higher ramification of chitosan, which have 100% water solubility, film forming ability, heavy metal chelation. It has been applied in advanced cosmetics, heavy metal chelating agent, drug sustained release agent, plant growth regulator agent , wastewater treatment, etc.